The Saltmarsh is “The best kept secret on Nantucket!”
They are the social and recreational place for active people 60 years old to enjoy…
Aerobics, Yoga, Kettle Bells Class, Crafting, Cribbage, Blood Pressure, Tai Chi, Mah Jongg, Cards, Legal Services, Nutrition, Computers & Internet, Lending Library, Holiday Events, Hearing Aid Services, Seminars, Bridge, Wii Bowling, Knitting, Congregate Lunch, Men’s Breakfast, Monthly Dinners, Social Security, SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Elderly) consultation…
Visiting Saltmarsh Senior Center:
There are no fees to become a member of the Saltmarsh Senior Center.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm
Friday 8am – 4:40pm
Hearing Tests: 1st Wednesday of each month 11am – 4pm
SHINE: Thursdays 11am – 2pm
Social Security Skype: Last Wednesday or each month 9am – 12pm
Passports: Tuesdays & Thursdays 1:30pm – 4pm
*Appointmnets are necessary for passports, hearing tests, SHINE services and Social Security Skyping. Call the Saltmarsh Senior Center at 508.228.4490 to make an appointment.
Parking: Parking Lot
- Mid Island Loop – Francis Street/Union Street (outbound); Francis Street/Washington Street (inbound)
- Miacomet Loop – Francis Street/Union Street (outbound); Francis Street/Washington Street (inbound)
- Ferry/Airport Route – Francis Street/Union Street (outbound); Francis Street/Washington Street (inbound)
- Sconset via Milestone Road Route – Francis Street/Union Street (outbound); Francis Street/Washington Street (inbound)
- Sconset via Polpis Road Route – Francis Street/Union Street (outbound); Francis Street/Washington Street (inbound)
- Sconset via Old South Road Route – Francis Street/Union Street (outbound); Francis Street/Washington Street (inbound)
Laura Stewart joined the Saltmarsh as the Program Coordinator in October of 2012. She brings enthusiasm and energy to the Saltmarsh staff and its activity calendar. Stewart previously ran an in- home daycare business on Nantucket for 12 years and holds a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from UMASS Amherst. She has been coming to the island since childhood and moved here full time in 1994. She lives on Nantucket with her husband and two teenage children.
Program Coordinator Assistant
Ginny Carrera, Program Assistant at the Saltmarsh Senior Center joined the staff in August of 2005. Ginny was previously employed by the Town of Nantucket as Staff Accountant and later held a position with “Your Island Ride” through the Nantucket Regional Transit Authority. Ginny attended Saint Leo University located in Saint Leo, Florida and University of Arizona located in Tucson, Arizona. Ginny enjoys working with the senior population and the quality of life on Nantucket Island.
Ann has lived on Nantucket, year round, for 39 years, has been employed by the Town of Nantucket for 14 years; previously worked as a waitress for 25 years.
Saltmarsh Senior Center Events:
There are no upcoming events at this time.