Through our network of volunteer pilots, Patient Airlift Services (PALS) provides FREE air transportation for individuals requiring medical diagnosis, treatment or follow up. When possible, PALS will arrange free ground transportation to/from their origination or destination facility. This is only done in conjunction with our flight and is not a “stand alone” service.
Patient Airlift Services flies individuals and one companion for medical diagnosis, treatment and follow up appointments. PALS also considers compassion flights for family members which are reviewed on a case to case basis. In addition, PALS will fly injured military and or their families for moral boosting trips or medical treatment.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
*After hours phone is available for emergencies.
A request for a flight is necessary. You can call, email or fill out a flight request on line through our website. The more notice we have, the more likely the flight can be filled. A back up transportation plan is required by the patient.
Make things easier by preparing these things ahead of time:
- Before the patient calls to request a flight, they need to have their primary and treating physician information available i.e. telephone, fax number and appointment date.
- Request a Flight Online
- Patient Forms
Development & Marketing Director
- Alan Sheiness | Chairman of the Board
- Joe Howley | Vice Chairman of the Board
- Michael Crowley | Secretary
- Donna Collins | Treasurer
- Mark Hanson
- Dr. Rhoda C. Kupferberg Joss, Psy.D.
- Brian Lisoski
- Jim McCloud
- Jim O’Rourke
- Scott Paige
- Jim Platz
- John Rochelle
- Ruthanne Ruzika
- Stuart Waldrum
- Keith Ward
- William Weaver