- 24 hour / 7 days a week long term nursing care
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia care
- Ancillary medical services including: dentistry, optometrist, audiologist, psychiatrist, and other specialists.
- Ancillary medical services may incur costs to the resident depending on their pay or source and insurance plans.
- Diabetic management
- Medication management
- Oxygen therapy
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Respite care
- Restorative program
- Short-term rehabilitation
- Skilled nursing care
- Skilled therapies (occupational, physical)
- Sub-acute care
- Therapeutic diets
- Wound care / prevention
- Family meeting with Social Worker (Family Council)
- Alzheimer’s support group meets at Our Island Home
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm
*Our Island Home is open 24hr/7 days a week with “day time” hours as visiting hours.
*Appointments are necessary. To make an appointment for Admission, contact:
- Social Worker: Laurie MacVicar-Fiske at 508.228.0462 ext. 7407
- Administrator: Rachel K Chretien at 508.228.0462 ext. 7401
- Director of Nursing: Gail Ellis at 508.228.0462 ext. 7402
Types of Insurance Accepted:
- Medicare (A&B)
- MassHealth/Medicaid for Long Term Care
- Private insurances may cover Medicare co-pays
- Most Long Term Care Insurance
Private Paying Patients:
- $440.00 per day for semi-private room
- $460.00 per day for private specialty room
- Individual charges for rehabilitation/therapy (PT,OT)
Parking: Visitor Parking Lot in Front
- Miacomet Loop – Orange Street/Landmark House Stop
- Airport Route – Orange Street/Landmark House Stop
- Sconset via Milestone Road Route – Orange Street/Landmark House Stop
- Sconset via Polpis Road Route – Orange Street/Landmark House Stop
- Sconset via Old South Road Route – Orange Street/Landmark House Stop
Our Island Home will conduct home visits to screen for potential admission if the individual lives at home.
Make things easier by preparing these things ahead of time:
- All copies of insurance cards (front AND back)
- Bank statements and trust statements for financial worksheet
- Completed Application for Admission
- All copies of Advance Directives:
- Health Care Agent/Proxy
- Durable Power of Attorney designations
- Living Will/End of Life wishes
- Guardianship documents
- Copy of Social Security Card
- List of current medication – if at home
Rachel K Chretien
508-228-0462 ext. 7401
Rachel received her BS from the University of Connecticut and shortly thereafter began working at the Town of Nantucket’s Senior Center. About a year later she moved over to Our Island Home as the Executive Assistant. In 2008 she entered an Administrator-In-Training program at Broad Reach Healthcare/ Liberty Commons in Chatham, MA. Upon licenser, she moved to the Assistant Administrator position and then in 2011 because the Administrator of Our Island Home. At the end of September 2014 she also took on the role as the Town of Nantucket’s Director of Human Services.
Specialty areas/training: Licensed Nursing Home Administrator
Director of Nursing
508-228-0462 ext 7402
Gail Ellis, is a Registered Nurse who’s background includes emergency care, intensive care, and post op care. She has worked at Charlton Memorial Hospital and Oak Hill Rehab Center before moving to Nantucket to start her family. She was the Med-Surg. Clinical Coordinator at NCH before coming to Our Island Home in 1996.
Specialty areas/training: Gerontologic Nurse
508-228-0462 ext. 7407
Laurie graduated from the University of Denver, MSW, in 1999 with concentration in Substance Abuse and Aging Services & Policy. Laurie began working as a Social Worker at Our Island Home in 2002. Laurie holds a Master in Social Work and a Bachelors in Psychology.
Business Office Coordinator
508-228-0462 ext. 7403
Susan began working with Our Island Home in early 2008. She has an Associate Degree in Business Management and worked as a Business Manager in South Shore Rehabilitation as well as at Nantucket Public Schools.
Specialty areas/training: Notary Public