Nantucket Food Pantry’s clients are served free of charge and can visit the Food Pantry once a week if not working or receiving any income and once every two weeks if working but income falls below Pantry guidelines. NFP is conveniently located downtown in a 400 square foot space in the rear of the Greenhound building providing direct access to bus transportation when available.
Nantucket Food Pantry’s “Client Choice” food pantry offers each client household selections based upon household size and healthy guidelines. This practice reflects NFP’s belief in the dignity of each individual by providing a “shopping experience” for our clients. Clients choose all their items rather than receiving a bag of food selected for them that they may or may not want or need. The NFP serves as a “gateway” to other support services, since they are a very visible and accessible agency within the community.
The Pantry is open for clients on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-6PM, with emergency services available as needed. Food delivery is provided for seniors or disabled persons who are unable to visit the pantry.
All of Nantucket Food Pantry’s services are provided free of charge.
Pantry Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 4pm – 6pm
*Emergency services are provided as needed.
Parking: Street Parking
- Mid Island Loop – Washington Street, Greenhound Stop
- Miacomet Loop – Washington Street, Greenhound Stop
- Sconset via Milestone Road Route – Washington Street, Greenhound Stop
- Sconset via Old South Road Route – Washington Street, Greenhound Stop
Anne Marie Bellavance
Director for Outreach Programs for the Nantucket Interfaith Council. Manages Food Pantry financial accounts, billing and payments; has oversight responsibility for program funding, assist the Food Pantry Director to manage grants and donations and works with the Council and the Food Pantry to formulate policy.
- Dr. Terry Anne Vigil | President, NIFC and member of the Advisory Committee
- Rev. Richard Leland | VP, NIFC and member of the Advisory Committee
- Rev. William Steelman | Treasurer, NIFC
- Susan Levine | Chair, Advisory Committee
- Rev. Georgia Ann Snell | Advisory Committee
- Joan Hull | Advisory Committee
There are no upcoming events at this time.
No address on record to display a map