- A telephone helpline
- CARES – educational support groups
- Respite grants
- Memory screenings
- Care management plans and family consultations
- Dementia certification for professionals
- Professional conferences on the latest dementia research
- Programs for family caregivers, community members and agencies
- Referrals to other local resources
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
*Please call (508) 775-5656 make an appointment and/or sign up to attend a support group.
Home visits are conducted by our Specialized House Calls program which is available by appointment to address many of the challenges experienced on a daily basis by caregivers of those living with dementia. This program provides one-on-one support by specially trained social workers with the goal of developing meaningful and effective interventions for caregivers. Call (508) 957-0277 for an appointment.
Types of Insurance Accepted:
- Most Private Health Insurance
When appropriate, individual’s health insurance will be billed for private consultations and patient assessments; but no one is refused care for lack of insurance or inability to pay.
Nantucket Programs are conducted at various locations. Inquire about parking & transportation when signing up.
Make things easier by preparing these things ahead of time:
- Insurance Information – New callers are registered as Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services clients. This enables Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services to offer you the full scope of HopeHealth services.
Alan Johnson, LICSW
Director of Family Services
Alan Johnson has extensive experience as a clinical social worker working with individuals and families that are coping with complex medical or dual-diagnosis. He is effective in both brief and long term individual and group psychotherapy case management with a specialized emphasis on working with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
Specialty areas/training: Dementia, adult mental health, group facilitation, professional education development and training.
Suzanne Faith, RN Psych.
Sr. Director, Hope Dementia
Suzanne Faith, RN is a certified dementia care professional and psychiatric nurse specializing in the management of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
Long considered an expert in the field of caregiving and dementia care, Suzanne’s unique ability to comprehend the often complex needs arising from this diagnosis has helped to guide thousands of families over the past 30 years. Her expertise has led to the development of numerous Alzheimer’s and dementia based curriculum aimed at training professionals including Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Service’s Dementia Certification Program.
Suzanne has served on the Massachusetts working group to create the Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Plan.
- Dementia Certificate Program, Level I. 8 hour CE accredited training for Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services
- Advanced Behavioral Problem Solving, Level II. 4 Hour CE accredited training.
- Home Safety & Managing Challenging Behaviors for CNAs. Developed for Home Instead Senior Care of South Eastern Massachusetts.
- Empathic Care Management of Alzheimer’s disease. Recipient of a Kenneth B. Schwartz Center Grant from Massachusetts General Hospital. 15 CEs accredited for professionals.
- Alzheimer’s Case Management in the Community. 6 hour CE accredited.
- The CNA Caregiver Program in cooperation with Cape Cod Community College.
- Lawrence Capodilupo | Chair
- Allen Peckham | Vice Chair
- Patricia A. Cahill | Immediate Past Chair
- Craig A. Kappel | Treasurer
- Polly Brown | Clerk
- David W. Rehm | President & CEO
- David E. Burns, M.D.
- Charles C. Case, Jr.
- Denise M. Dever
- Rosemary Dillon
- Brian Drake
- Richard W. Neitz
- David Nunheimer
- Thomas O’Neill
- James E. Purcell
- Robert F. Sennott, Jr.
- Richard Trull