- Information and Referral Our I & R Department is a central source of information on all services available to older adults on Cape Cod and the Islands as well as the entry point for referrals to Elder Services many programs. A call to our toll-free number (800-244-4630) will help you find the assistance that you need or you may call the local office at 508-228-4647.
- Home Care Program Provides supportive services that will help an elder remain safely in the community. To qualify, individuals must be sixty or older, meet financial eligibility, and have specific unmet care needs.
- Senior Nutrition Program Senior Dining Centers are located throughout the Cape and Islands and provide a nutritious noontime meal for seniors aged sixty or older. If an elder is housebound and unable to prepare a meal, they can receive Meals on Wheels delivered to their homes.
- Long Term Care Screening Our Health Services Unit provides required screening for individuals seeking Medicaid reimbursed services such as nursing home care, adult day health programs or other community-based services.
- Options Counseling Options Counseling is a short-term decision support process to assist consumers of any income (elders age 60 or older, or individuals over the age of 18 with any disability) and their family members, caregivers and/or significant others in making an informed choice about long term services, supports, and setting.
- Protective Services Provides twenty-four hour a day, seven day a week assistance for anyone sixty or older who has been abused, neglected, financially exploited or is at risk of harm due to self-neglect. Call our South Dennis information and referral department at 800-244-4630 or after hours call the Elder Abuse Hotline at 800-922-2275.
- Family Caregiver Support Program Strives to support and promote the ability of caregivers to continue in their caregiving role by helping them to make informed decisions, solve problems, and reduce stress.
- Community Grants Funds provided under the Older Americans Act are awarded, through a competitive process, to community organizations which provide services to meet seniors critical needs.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program Ombudsmen are trained and certified advocates who visit nursing and rest homes on a weekly basis to monitor conditions and to meet with resident to discuss their concerns about their care.
- Money Management Program Money Managers assist income-eligible seniors aged sixty or older who may be at risk of losing their independence due to their failure to pay rent, utility or other basis bills on time.
- Volunteer Resource Center A central organizing point for linking volunteers to the needs of Elder Services and its consumers. Opportunities include positions in Senior Nutrition, Long Term Care Ombudsman, Money Management, office support and special projects.
Visiting Elder Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, Inc.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
*Appointments are necessary, call 508.228.4647 to schedule.
All incoming referrals will require a home visit if services are requested.
If accepted for services you may have a monthly co-pay based on your income.
Parking: Parking Lot
- Miacomet Loop – Orange Street/Landmark House
- Airport Route – Orange Street/Landmark House
- Sconset via Milestone Road Route – Orange Street/Landmark House
- Sconset via Polpis Road Route – Orange Street/Landmark House
- Sconset via Old South Road Route – Orange Street/Landmark House
Make things easier by preparing these things ahead of time:
- Financial information including income sources and amounts
- List of medications
- List of physicians information
- Emergency contacts
Elder Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, Inc. Team:
Director & Case Manager
Sheri has been employed by Elder Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, Inc. for 14 years and has lived on Nantucket for over 30 years. Sheri has 2 children and 2 grandchildren on Island. Sheri has over 20 years of experience in home care services.
Mark moved to Nantucket in 1985 after graduating from the University of Vermont with a BS in Zoology. Mark began working for Elder Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, Inc. in March of 2004. Mark has over 20 years of experience in the hospitality business.
Michelle joined Elder Services of Cape Cod & the Islands, Inc. in 2011 after moving to Nantucket with her husband and 3 daughters. Michelle previously worked as Operations Coordinator for a senior housing company, which included a 120 unit assisted living facility.
Board of Directors:
- Thomas McGlinn | President
- Randi J. Cherchiglia | Vice-President
- Madeline Noonan | Clerk
- Susan K. Clegg | Treasurer