- A Safe Place provides free, confidential services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. We are dedicated to eliminating domestic violence and sexual assault, and empowering every woman, man and child in the Nantucket community to live a life free of violence. Our services include direct services as well as preventive education, supervised family visitation, crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy and much more.
- A Safe Place currently employs domestic violence advocates, rape crisis counselors, social workers and other master’s level mental health professionals. Through strong collaborative relationships with other Island agencies, we provide referrals and work closely with the other Nantucket social services agencies and professionals for clients who need these services.
- A Safe Place is the only agency on Nantucket focused on prevention and survivor services and provides the only 24 Hour Crisis Hotline on Nantucket 508.228.2111. Since its inception, A Safe Place has provided strong crisis intervention, court and medical advocacy, supportive counseling and case management for our clients who have experienced the trauma of violence and/or abuse and their families. All our services, with the exception of supervised visitation, are provided to our clients free of charge.
All of A Safe Place’s services for survivors are free. There are some fees associated with the supervised visitation program.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
24 Hour Crisis Hotline: 508.228.2111
A Safe Place will help anyone during an emergency/crisis. Otherwise, appointments are encouraged. Call 508.228.0561 to schedule your appointment today. A Safe Place will meet clients in their office, at the police station or in the hospital.
Parking: Parking Lot
Bike Path Access
- Mid Island Loop – The Muse Covered Shelter Park and Ride Lot Stop
- Miacomet Loop – The Muse Covered Shelter Park and Rider Lot Stop
Director of Program Services
Senior Advocate/Case Manager
Prevention Education Program Coordinator
- Nancy Pittman | President
- Jane Carlin | Vice President
- Rev. C. William Steelman | Treasurer
- Susan Taylor | Clerk
- Jerry Adams
- Judith Belash
- Janis Carreiro
- Shellie Dunlap
- Linda Hoey
- Susan Hostetler
- Adriene Lombardi
- Roberta Putterman
- Suellen Ward
A Safe Place Events:
There are no upcoming events at this time.